Tuesday 2 December 2008

~ A New Month, A New Season ~

How quickly December has come around. Everyone I speak to seems to says the same thing. The year has just flown by. I wonder if you are like me and remember back to when you were a child and what a long time it seemed to be from one Christmas until the next.

I recently caught up with my DF Shirley, who was visiting from NZ and we spent a couple of lovely days together. Shirley shares my enthusiasm for stitching and crafts and we managed to fit in a visit to this beautiful shop on the Gold Coast Laraine's on Capri

Shirley gave me this lovely gift she had made.




It is a cute angel cushion and a scissor case, red scissors and the cutest little beaded 'humbug' scissor fob. Thank you Shirley :)


Speaking of dear friends, my long-time DF Wendy, also from New Zealand, sent me these photos of her recently completed Christmas stitching. This gorgeous Advent Calendar is quilted and embellished with sequins and beads....






and this beautiful stocking is quilted and beaded. Aren't they great.

Well done Wendy!!!

I have been quietly working on a few bits and pieces for gifts but still won't be able to show you until they have been received.

Lastly, I must show you a very special picture of three little fairies I found in the bottom of my garden they other day. Don't they make a beautiful picture :))) Three very special people in my life ~



"And as the seasons come and go, here's something you might like to know. There are fairies everywhere: under bushes, in the air, playing games just like you play, singing through their busy day. So listen, touch, and look around - in the air and on the ground. And if you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wing."
~Author Unknown


2 comments:

  1. Great gift from Shirley, right up your street!! I love Wendy's advent calendar and stocking too, what talented friends you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful handcrafted gifts from your friends! I love the last photo too.

    ReplyDelete