Yes, Sandra and I have finally completed our second SAL for this year, With My Needle 'Flowers For Lily'. This sweet little sewing case is only quite small and will make another nice addition to the 'cake stand'. We each chose our own threads, linen, lining fabric and ribbon and it is always interesting to see how the two different combinations work out when we have finished.
Sandra is a hard act to follow when it comes to finishing and her pictures shows once again the perfection I always know she will produce in her version. I feel a little intimidated by her level of finishing but lucky at the same time to be stitching along side her as it spurs me on to try and finish mine as best I can and she is always happy to help me out with ideas and hints when I don't really know what I am doing. So thanks again Sandra for sharing in this SAL with me.
This was my first ever attempt at making a mattress pincushion and the first time I have ever done nuns stitch too. We both added coins to the fob to give it some weight. Mine has an Aussie 10 cent coin which only just fitted inside and Sandra's an English penny. The scissors tuck neatly in underneath the mattress pincushion.
Now look at Sandra's version...
I just love how she has added the name of the project into the side of the mattress. Also, check out her Picasa album to see photos of her version of the scissor weight and her gorgeous butterfly scissors.
May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.