I finally finished my charm square tote which I made using a free pattern which is available from Buttonberry blog. I had several packs of lovely charm squares which I mixed up and chose the ones which I considered looked best together. It used a total of 51 squares in all but I actually used (or should I say wasted) an extra seven squares as I made a mis-cut when making the handles and had to re-make them. In fact the whole experience was a good learning curve as I also used the wrong batting and my bag was far too floppy, so I unpulled it all and basically started again using a much firmer batting. It is a huge bag and will hold lots of whatever it is I decide to use it for. I guess I am reasonably happy with my finished results ~ for a novice.