Monday 27 October 2008

~ Congratulations Mrs Bird ~

We have babies. I suspected yesterday we might have but today I can actually see them and hear tiny chirping. I wish I could show you photos but I haven't been able to get a good photo and don't want to disturb her. I know she is a honeyeater but there are many types of honeyeaters and I am not certain what type she is but I do love how has shared this wonderful act of nature with me and I have spent a lot of time watching her sit on her eggs and now tending her babies. I love how the gentle breeze rocks the nest and it reminds me of a baby in a cradle. Very cute. Thank you Mrs Bird :)



Recently, I was very lucky to have received this gorgeous scissor keeper and fob from a very talented lady who creates the most beautiful works of art. You can see her beautiful work here.
Just Lilla ~ Lilla lives in Hawaii and makes all kinds of beautiful vintage works using gorgeous velvets, silks and lace. I really just love that Olde Worlde look. What a gift to be able to create like that. Thank you so much Lilla.





I have been stitching but am not able to show you my recent finish yet. Next time though.

To me, the garden is a doorway to other worlds; one of them, of course, is the world of birds. The garden is their dinner table, bursting with bugs and worms and succulent berries.
~ Anne Raver


4 comments:

  1. Well done Mrs Bird and thank you Chrissie for sharing the story. We currently have some sort of honeyeater coming into our pergola a couple of times a day and gobbling up any insects there. She is lovely and I look for her every day.
    The quote you used at the end of your post is new to me but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please pass on my best wishes to Mr & Mrs Bird (there has to be a Mr too), I hope the cradle doesn't rock too hard. Gorgeous scissor case, you lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the Bird family on their new additions. :) How wonderful it must be to share this moment with them.

    The scissor fob and keeper are so pretty - how talented Lilla is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the little ones are doing well. It must be fun to watch them. We understand about the pics ~ don't want to scare mum away.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete